|It's advisable to browse this site using Google Chrome. Some codes of this site use HTML5 formatting.|
FACULTY OF SACRED THEOLOGY
Courses of Study
Official Examinations, Promotion and Disqualifications
Oral Comprehensive Examinations
COURSES OF STUDY
The courses of study are covered in three cycles:
1. The first cycle covers all the institutional subjects and a general initiation to scientific research and method, afterwhich a Baccalaureate degree may be acquired.
2. The second cycle covers special courses and special training in scientific investigation, afterwhich the student may acquire a Licentiate degree.
3. The third cycle aims to lead the students towards academic maturity and a greater proficiency in a scientific investigations as may be proved through the publication of a scholarly thesis truly relevant to the progress of theology as a science.
4. In the second and third cycles, the number of class hours shall be reduced in favor of practical exercises and seminars conducted personally by the teachers of the disciplines concerned, to enable the students to devote more time for research (cf. Sapientia Christiana, art. 43).
5. The courses offered in the above-mentioned cycles are divided into:
a. Main subjects which are mandatory for both ordinary and extraordinary students;
b. Auxiliary subjects which must be taken by all ordinary students in addition to the main subjects;
c. Elective subjects may be offered in the second and third cycles.