|It's advisable to browse this site using Google Chrome. Some codes of this site use HTML5 formatting.|
FACULTY OF CANON LAW
CLASSIFICATION OF STUDENTS
Students in the Faculty of Canon Law are classified as follows:
1) Ordinary - those who pursue courses for the purpose of obtaining a degree;
1. Students admitted to and enrolled in the Faculty of Canon Law are bound by that token to abide by and comply with all rules, regulations, policies and requirements of the institution. Students found wanting in the observance of rules, regulations, policies and requirements, particularly the observance of the study program, the attendance at classes and the taking of examinations shall be subject to commensurate disciplinary action as decided by the Dean or the Faculty Council.
2. In cases of grave violation of regulations, students may be suspended or even expelled from the Faculty. However, the students involved shall always be given the chance to defend themselves and thus, to safeguard their rights in accordance with the procedure established in the Student Handbook of the University.
3. All complaints against students’ misdemeanor should be formally forwarded to the Office of the Dean who shall initiate the investigation, and possibly determine the proper disciplinary action whenever applicable.
1. To provide the students with an adequate forum for student dialogue, with a venue to exercise co-responsibility in their formation and with a representative body for their participation in the life of the Ecclesiastical Faculties, they shall have a Student Council to be governed by the rules of the Church and the University.
2. Through the Student Council and its various commissions, the students shall be encouraged to organize academic, cultural, liturgical and community-service activities. These and other related activities, particularly the academic, are to be supervised by the Administration of the Faculty according to the principles of solidarity and subsidiarity.