Bachelor of Science in Commerce major in Accountancy, 1978
University of the Assumption, San Fernando, Pampanga
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, 1988
Philippine Dominican Center of Institutional Studies, Quezon City, Phils.
Bachelor of Sacred Theology, 1991
UST Faculty of Sacred Theology, Manila, Philippines
Licentiate in Canon Law, 1993
UST Faculty of Canon Law, Manila, Philippines
Doctorate in Canon Law, 2001
Facultad de Derecho Canonico, Instituto Martin de Aspicueta, Universidad de Navarra, España
Area of Specialization: Temporal Goods of the Church, Sanctions in the Church, Research and Thesis Writing, Special Procedures II, Sources of Canon Law.
TIONGCO, Isaias, O.P., “Reflections on the Past, Thoughts on the Future” in Boletin Eclesiastico de Filipinas, vol. LXXXVI, 876-877 (January-April, 2010), pp. 217-222; also in Canonews, The Official Student Newsletter of the Faculty of Canon Law, University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines, (Second Semester A.Y. 2008-2009), pp. 10-12; also in The CLSP Gazette, vol. 13.22 (April 2009), pp. 10-11.
ACIN, Mayong Andreas, O.F.M. Cap. & TIONGCO, Isaias, O.P., “The Nature of Delict in Canon 1321: Its Implication on the Dismissal Process of Religious in Cases of Sexual Misconduct Part I,” in Philippiniana Sacra, Vol. XLV, No. 135 (September-December 2010), pp. 585-609.
TIONGCO, Isaias, O.P., “La Naturaleza de la Potestad en los Institutos Religiosos a la luz de las Codificaciones de 1917 y de 1983,” in Philippiniana Sacra, Vol. XLVI, No. 136 (January-April 2011), pp. 3-29.
ACIN, Mayong Andreas, O.F.M. Cap. & TIONGCO, Isaias, O.P., “The Nature of Delict in Canon 1321: Its Implications in the Dismissal Process of Religious in Cases of Sexual Misconduct Part II,” in Philippiniana Sacra, Vol. XLVI, No. 136 (January-April 2011), pp. 63-84.
KARAAN, Edward & TIONGCO, Isaias Antonio, O.P., The Catholic Church, Temporal Goods and Church-State Relations – Part One, in Philippiniana Sacra, vol. 47, no. 139, January-April 2012, pp. 43-66.
KARAAN, Edward & TIONGCO, Isaias Antonio, O.P., The Catholic Church, Temporal Goods and Church-State Relations – Part Two, in Philippiniana Sacra, vol. 47, no. 141, May-August 2012, pp. 657-706.
Carlos Jose Errazuriz M., Justice in the Church, A Fundamental Theory of Canon Law, English translation by Jean Gray in collaboration with Michael Dunnigan, Collection Gratianus Series, Wilson & Lafleur, Ltee, Montreal Canada 2009, 332 pages. ISBN 978-2-890127-918-5 in Philippiniana Sacra, vol. XLVI, no. 136 (January-April 2011), pp. 277-278.
Patricia M. Dugan (ed.), Towards Future Developments in Penal Law: U.S. Theory and Practice, a symposium held under the auspices of the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts at the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross, Rome, March 5-6, 2009, Collection Gratianus Series, Wilson & Lafleur, Ltée, Montreal Canada 2010, 245 pages, ISBN 978-2-89127-935-2 in Philippiniana Sacra, vol. XLVI, no. 137, May-August 2011, pp. 511-512.
- H. Helmholz, The Spirit of Classical Canon Law, The Spirit of the Laws Series, Paperback Edition, University of Georgia Press, Athens, Georgia 2010, 514 pages. ISBN – 13:978-0-8203-3463-9 in Philippiniana Sacra, vol. XLVI, no. 138 (September-December 2011), pp. 827-828.
Hamilton Hess, The Early Development of Canon Law and the Council of Serdica, Oxford University Press, New York 2002, 279 pages. ISBN 0-19-826975-7 in Philippiniana Sacra, vol. XLVII, no. 139 (January-April 2012), pp. 253-254.
Piero Amenta, Administrative Procedures in Canonical Marriage Cases: History, Legislation and Praxis, translated from Italian by Marcus Francis and Christopher Hancock, English Edition revised by Joseph Blain, Collection Gratianus Series, Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Quėbec Library and Archives Canada, Wilson & Lafleur Ltée 2011, 258 pages. ISBN 978-2-89127-981-9 in Philippiniana Sacra, vol. XLVII, no. 141 (May-August 2012), pp. 841-843.
William H. Woestman OMI, Papal Allocutions to the Roman Rota 1939-2011, Library and Archives Canada Cataloguing in Publication, Faculty of Canon Law, Saint Paul University, Ottawa 2011, Copyright 2011 by Libreria Editrice Vaticana on March 31, 2010, 326 pages, ISBN 978-0-9810616-1-0 in Philippiniana Sacra, vol. XLVII, no. 142 (September-December 2012), pp. 1119-1121.
SCIENTIFIC, ECCLESIAL AND CULTURAL ACTIVITIES:
Associate Professor, UST Faculty of Canon Law, Manila, Philippines
Regent, UST AMV-College of Accountancy, Manila, Philippines
Treasurer, Canon Law Society of the Philippines
Business Manager, Philippine Canonical Forum (Journal published annually by the Canon Law Society of the Philippines)
Conventual Councilor, Priory of St. Thomas Aquinas, University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines
Chairman of the Provincial Committee for the Regularization of the Brethren, Dominican Province of the Philippines
UST Canon Law Week 2011, January 6-7, 2011 (Ad Misericordia ad Justitiam)
- Penal Process and Canonical Remedy (Msgr. Edgardo Pangan, JCD)
- Erring Priests and Aftermath (Most Rev. Mylo Hubert Vergara, D.D.)
UST Canon Law Week 2012 (Canon Law: Its Relevance in the Face of the Modern Day Controversies)
- Leaving the Priesthood: Canonical Procedures for the Dispensation from Priestly Ministry and Celibacy (Msgr. Rey Manuel Monsanto, JCD)
- Normae de Gravioribus and other More Serious Crimes (Fr. Jaime Achacoso, JCD)
- Civil Law Procedures (Criminal Law Procedures) (Atty. Ma. Liza Lopez-Rosario, DCL)
UST Canon Law Week 2013 (Of Doors and Keys: Faith and the Law)
- Defection of Faith and Canonical Marriage (Fr. Danilo Flores, JUD)
- Understanding Academic Freedom in the Catholic Church (Rev. Fr. Greg Bañaga, Jr., C.M.)
- Intima Ecclesiae Natura – Integrating the Church’s Mission of Charity in the Philippine Context (Rev. Fr. Reginaldo Mananzan, S.J., JCD)
UST Canon Law Week 2014 (Canon Law and Canon Lawyers at the Service of New Evangelization)
- Keynote speech: Most Rev. Teodoro Bacani, DD; January 7, 2014)
FACULTY OF CANON LAW LECTURE: Conference on Mitis Iudex Dominus Iesus (November 24, 2015)
18th CLSP Annual National Convention, Elijah Spirituality Center, Immaculate Heart of Mary Seminary, Tagbilaran, Bohol, 12-15 April 2010
- Personal Ecclesiastical Circumscriptions by Fr. Eduardo Baura, JCD, Dean, Faculty of Canon law, Pontificia Universita della Santa Croce, Roma
- The Priests in the Personal Circumscriptions: Juridical Aspects
- Towards a Personal Circumscription for Filipino Overseas Workers
19th CLSP Annual National Convention, Towards a Canonical Status for Basic Ecclesial Communities, Hotel Tavern Surigao, Surigao City, 26-29 April 2011
- Lights and Shadows: A Situationer on the BECS by Abp Orlando Quevedo, DD
- Canonical Limits of the BEC: A Review of the Instruction Ecclesia de Mysterio (1997) and Other Documents by Fr. Jaime Achacoso, JCD
BECs and the Prophetic Mission of the Church
BECs and the Priestly Mission of the Church
BECs and the Kingly Mission of the Church
20th CLSP Annual National Convention, From “Sacramentorum sanctitatis tutela” to “Delicta graviora”: A Case for Liturgical Fidelity, Hotel Centro, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan, 16-19 April 2012
- Lex Orandi, lex credenda: Mutual Relationship between Liturgical Practice and Doctrine of the Faith by Prof E. Bermejo
- The Process for the Dismissal from the Clerical State by Arch Oscar Cruz, JCD
- Proposed Guidelines for Handling Cases of Sexual Misbehavior of Clerics by Msgr. Bernard Pantin, JCD